Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program
2024-2025 PROGRAM OVERVIEW FOR INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
U.S. Embassy Budapest and the Hungarian Fulbright Commission are pleased to announce the 2024-25 Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program.
The 2024-2025 Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program will bring international secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week program of academic seminars and professional development activities and to observe and share their expertise with teachers and students at a host university and local secondary schools. Programs launch in January or September 2025, with exact timing to be confirmed with selected participants.
The program will include:
- General academic seminars focused on new teaching methodologies, student-centered learning, content-based instruction, lesson planning, and instructional technology training for teachers. Thematic cohorts also available on gender education, climate education, and media literacy.
- A practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in local secondary schools.
- A variety of relevant professional development and cultural activities.
Teachers will be placed at a competitively selected university.
- Are current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), social studies, civics, history, global studies, media studies, communications, journalism, law, and math or science at institutions serving primarily a local population.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience by the start of the program, with a preference for those who have completed at least five years of full-time teaching.
- Must demonstrate English language proficiency by attaining a minimum score of at least 61 on the IBT of English as a Foreign Language or an equivalent exam.
- Dependents are not permitted to accompany participants on this six-week program.
- All program related expenses will be covered by the U.S. Department of State.
Please submit your application online: https://fulbright.irex.org
March 14, 2024, Midnight