Visegrad+ Grants support projects which contribute to the democratization and transformation processes in selected countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia) and the Eastern Partnership regions (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine).
- Projects must develop meaningful cooperation and ensure the active involvement of at least 3 V4 countries and 1 entity from the Eastern Partnership region (EaP) or the Western Balkans countries (WB) at minimum (3xV4 + 1xEaP/WB format). However, if the applicant is from one of the EaP or WB countries, it is enough to involve two V4 countries in the project consortium, if another EaP/WB country is also involved (2xV4 + 2xEaP/WB format).
- EXCEPTION from the partnership rules: Ukrainian entities can apply for the first 2024 call for applications (deadline: February 1, 2024) with 2 partners from a different V4 country each without involving another country from the EaP or WB region (1xUA + 2xV4 format).
- Visegrad+ Grants should be implemented in the EaP or WBs region, and/or have a strong impact on local communities in at least one of those countries
- Maximum duration of project implementation is 18 months
- Grants cover up to 100% of project budget with maximum 15% of the requested sum for overheads
- Projects must clearly address one of the objectives of the program´s seven focus areas
Please note that simply having a project partner/applicant from the EaP or WB region does not automatically make an application qualify for a Visegrad+ Grant!
To apply for Visegrad+ Grants, your project must address one of the objectives of the grant program from the seven focus areas eligible for funding.
Culture and Common Identity
- Projects creating/presenting common audiovisual, literary, and other contemporary art products to new audiences
- Projects reflecting on common historical and cultural heritage as well as cultural diversity by joint research and knowledge-sharing activities
- Projects establishing and fostering cooperation among municipalities, regions, and local groups through common cultural activities
Education and Capacity Building
- Projects strengthening professional networks of educational institutions and supporting mobility of students, researchers, and educators to share best practices
- Projects improving hard and soft skills for the 21st century through formal and non-formal educational methods
Innovation, R&D, Entrepreneurship
- Projects aiming to build up new business and cluster networks for SMEs, startups, and research institutions within and outside the V4
- Projects tackling economic challenges and improving the ecosystem for businesses and social enterprises through joint lobbying, common policy solutions and exchange of best practices
- Projects dealing with innovation, new technologies and scientific research on regional and cross-sectoral levels
Democratic Values and the Media
- Projects promoting active participation of citizens in democratic decision-making processes and fostering democratic debate
- Projects promoting transparency and the fight against corruption by supporting knowledge-exchange and capacity-building of whistleblowers, investigative journalists, and watchdogs
- Projects improving media and information literacy, and increasing resilience towards biased reporting, disinformation, and propaganda
- Projects aiming for better media coverage of relevant topics in the V4 region and increased access to information
Public Policy and Institutional Partnership
- Projects connecting the expert communities to find joint solutions to common policy challenges
- Projects promoting active lobbying for policy change and good governance and connecting relevant stakeholders with decision-makers
Regional Development, Environment and Tourism
- Projects offering new solutions and activities to the fight against climate change and raising awareness of environmental protection within and outside the V4 region
- Projects aiming at sustainable tourism development on the local and regional levels by combining international expertise and shared know-how
- Projects aiming at finding and sharing innovative solutions in local and regional infrastructure development, urban planning, land revitalization and agriculture
- Projects promoting an inclusive mindset in society and addressing protection and empowerment of
You can submit your project proposals via My Visegrad during the submission period which opens 30 days before the deadline-February 1, June 1, October 1 at 12.00 PM (noon).
Consulting your project proposal is possible via e-mail, phone, skype or by appointment. Any consultation can take place up to 14 days before the application deadline.
For the step-by-step guidance on how to prepare your application, familiarize yourself with the updated Grant Guidelines and watch our video guide with useful tips below.